by Jerry Worthing
In these memoirs I will try to recall various aspects of my life, including those things that my parents told me about my ancestors. Unfortunately, I tend to be rather non-observing in many matters, so at times what I say may not be factual… but simply the way I remember it.
Once in a while when I give my name and address to someone they comment on the repetition of Ws in Worthing, Weaving Lane, and Wantagh. As I’ve been thinking of writing memoirs I think back on the high school days of writing for the school newspaper and being told to answer the questions Who? What? Where? When? Why?
As I try to split my life into logical segments, more Ws come to mind: Where did I live, and Who did I live with? Who were my friends outside the home? What was my Work like? What did I do in my spare time?
- The Early Years – 1924-1931
- Merrick – 1931-1934
- North Merrick – 1934-1937
- High School – 1937-1941
- College – 1941-1943
- Army Training – 1943-1945
- Overseas – 1945-1946
- Home Again – 1946-1949
- Early Marriage Years – 1947-1953
- Servomechanisms – 1948-1955
- Early Family and Community Activities – 1953-1968
- Trio Laboratories – 1953-1968
- Retirement Years – After 1968
- The Family Ancestors
- The Search for Josefa
- The Weisz Family of Budapest*
- The Worthing Story (Volumes I, II, and III)*
- Helene Kneisel Worthing*
- Josefa Nagel Weisz – Letters from Beyond*
- John Worthing*
*In book format
History of MEMOIRS
Started, October 31, 1990
Last WordStar Update, January 1998
Converted to HTML 5/31/99
© Copyright 2021 Helfand Retreats, LLC.